nothingrightnow
Hello A special welcome from the Alliance Devilish Shadows. Please feel free to explore our forums. To get access the full content of the forum please register or become a member of Ч and register.

Alliance Leader
Sgt-Sabbs Admin
nothingrightnow
Hello A special welcome from the Alliance Devilish Shadows. Please feel free to explore our forums. To get access the full content of the forum please register or become a member of Ч and register.

Alliance Leader
Sgt-Sabbs Admin
nothingrightnow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nothingrightnow

nothingrightnow

HomeNG2Latest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome! The Devilish Shadows!!! new website in progress...
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» What's your top 10 best games?
The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:35 pm by Synyster

» my birthday in 3 days!!
The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 5:57 am by tsolron

» Everyone's favourite music?
The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:08 pm by Synyster

» MJ Memorial
The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:47 am by Evil

» My crappy job
The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 pm by misskitty

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Shadow Wars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil

Evil

The Shadow Wars Empty
PostSubject: The Shadow Wars   The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:58 pm

How to Play:

The Basics

If you already play Ruins of Chaos or a similar game, feel free to skip past this first section and go straight here.

This section will be filled in later, as it is hardly necessary with the current player base.

Races and Colors
So what's different from the RoC that we all know and love?

Where RoC has four familiar races, SW has a whopping twenty. Don't be overwhelmed though: it's simpilar than you think. There are four different races (identical in all but name) for each of five different colors. The color and race you choose both impact your account and ultimately your playing style. This adds much more flexibility to the registration process. The colors are shown on the chart below:

Each color is the enemy of another color (like a 5 way Rock-Paper-Scissors). See the arrows on the picture above? Whichever color your chosen color points towards is your enemy, and you get an extra 10% bonus to your damage whenever you're in combat against that color.

Each color also has special bonuses, as outlined below:

White: White armies have a 10% increase in their chance at blocking hostile sabotage missions against them.

Black: Black armies have a 10% increase in their chance at succeeding in sabotage missions against others.

Green: Green armies have a 10% reduction in all their casualties in combat.

Blue: Blue gets a 5% discount in their upgrade prices (excluding Unit Production) and can perform up to 10 each of recon and sabotage missions per day.

Red: Red gets an extra 5% resale value on their weapons.
This is all outlined in more detail, along with all the races, on the race selection page.

No Clicking?

One of the most important things to realize right off the bat is that there is no clicking in this game! That means the only way you will gain soldiers is through Unit Production, so it is very important. Don't neglect UP and think you can make it back easily later.

Other Specifics

Each soldier gives 40 gold per turn. Each covert unit gives 20.
Income and Unit Production come every 10 minutes. Ranks update in real time (no timer).
Attack turns come in every 4 hours. Each attack turn allows you one full attack.
You can attack a player up to 5 times per day.
You can recon or sabotage a player up to 10 times each per day, but you cannot exceed 15 total missions on one player per day. The except to this is Blue, who can perform up to 10 of each mission type freely.

Your spy must be at least one half your target's sentry to successfully sabotage a player.
Your spy must be at least one third your target's sentry to successfully recon a player.
You can see a player's gold as long as your spy rating is higher than their sentry.
Sabotage can target strike, defense or spy weapons, and automatically determines how many weapons can be sabotaged.

The more spies you send on a sabotage mission, the more weapons you will sab on a successful attempt. However, your odds of detection are increased as well.
You will sabotage more per attempt if your stats are more balanced.
All weapons that are sabotaged are immediately destroyed. You can check how many of your weapons have been sabotaged in your intel logs.
Users who have taken too much sabotage damage in the past 24 hours will go on 'High Alert' and be temporarily immune to further sabotage.
Spy and Sentry upgrades are separate.
Siege and Fortification upgrades increase by 20% per level. Spy and Sentry both increase by a factor of 50 per level. Unit Production increases incrementally.
Cheaper weapons and tools are more cost effective than larger weapons.
The tiebreaker for determining ranks is total armory value.
Minimum gold steal is determined by army size, though it is still possible to steal 100% from someone smaller than you.

Random combat damage is 90-100% on either side.
There are an unlimited number of mercenaries available for hire, but no more than 25% of your armory can consist of mercenaries.
Casualties increase severely if you attack someone and lose.
Your most recent recon data on a target is displayed on that player's profile page.

http://www.dsclan.info/sw2/
Back to top Go down
tsolron
tsolron

The Shadow Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Wars   The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:18 pm

I joined it. I have the same name there as I do here (tsolron).

What stat do you think is the best? I have the 20 points but I don't think I'm going to spend it quite yet.
Back to top Go down
Evil

Evil

The Shadow Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Wars   The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 pm

i just started yesterday and my ingame name is same as here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Shadow Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Wars   The Shadow Wars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadow Wars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
nothingrightnow :: NON-RELATED Ч TOPICS :: GAMES & GAMING-
Jump to: